Wow, another fantastic strings class! Here's what we did today:
- Reviewed how to make new notes on the D string
1st finger on the Red tape makes the note E
Yellow tape on the D string makes the note F#
Blue tape on the D string makes the note G (basses play open G)
- Reviewed what the new notes E, F#, and G look like on the staff
- Reviewed pg. 6-7 of our book
For next time, please:
- Draw in the missing notes on the Hot Cross Buns sheet and try playing it! We will work on this more in class next time
- Practice all songs on pg. 6, 7, and 8. You should be getting pretty comfortable with the notes openD, E, F#, and G!
- If you have time, try the Pumpkin Fat song that uses the notes E and G
CHALLENGE: try some of the songs on pg. 9 and perform with the CD tracks (you have to move your fingers pretty quickly!) We will work on these next time!