Wow, hard to believe it is Week 10 already! You have learned so much and I am so proud of all your hard work!
Here's what we did in class (we got so much done!):
- Reviewed some of our concert songs:
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (see Week 9 to check your notes)
- Reviewed notes stepping up the D scale, playing each one 3 times: DDD EEE F#F#F# GGG AAA BBB C#C#C# DDD
Then we tried stepping back down!
- Talked about "Concert Ready" position and pretended it was the concert!
- Labeled the D major scale on pg. 14
- Labeled the notes of Old MacDonald on pg. 14 below and played some of it:
Line 1: G G G D E E G (sh) B B A A G (sh) (sh) D
Line 2: G D (last note changes)
Line 3: same as Line 1 (except for last note)
For next week, please:
- Review all of the concert songs above that we've learned so far
- Finish labeling Old MacDonald (above) and play it
- Label Jingle Bells using the notes of the D major scale
BONUS: Can you play Jingle Bells? This song will be the grand finale in our concert!!
In honor of our Winter Concert coming so soon, here is a string quartet playing a song called "Winter" from The Four Seasons. We will be using our bows soon, it will be so much fun to learn how to use them!!
See you soon!