For Classes Monday 5/8 - Friday 5/12
Great work today, 3rd grade!! Today we:
- Reviewed French Folk Song and played the whole thing
- Reviewed Buffalo Gals (we were a little rusty with this one- practice it hard!) both melody AND harmony!
- Frere Jacques- played it in unison (all together) then in a round. We will play it 3 times total, just like it says on your paper
- Summer Stomp: we learned the entire thing (minus rehearsal letter C, practice this one at home!) and listened to a recording. To listen again or play along, CLICK HERE!
Students have all received their Spring Concert Packet which includes every song we will be performing at our May 30th concert and explains how we will perform them.
For next week:
- You should be able to play EVERYTHING in the packet by next week, including Summer Stomp!!! Practice hard!
- Label whatever notes you need to in your Concert Packet at home
- Can you pass Level 1 of CRANK for next week? Level 2?? Level 3 4 or 5?!
Directions for the CRANK game!
1. Use a "metronome" when you practice to help you keep a steady beat (Just Google the word metronome on any device and it will pop up!)
2. Make sure you have practiced Can Can slowly beforehand and that your fingers and bow know where to go.
3. Set the metronome to a speed of 48 (the clicks represent the quarter note). If you can play the entire thing at 48 without making ANY errors, you have passed Level 1 and can CRANK up the speed to Level 2 (see tempo below). Do your best and have fun!!
Level 1 = 48
Level 2 = 60
Level 3 = 72
Level 4 = 86
Level 5 = 100
Level 6 = 120
See you next time!