Classes Monday March 20 - Friday March 24
Wonderful job in class 3rd graders, keep up the great work!
Here's what we did today
- Rhythm Rap in the book #68 in our bow tubes. We worked on using whole bows for the quarter notes and placing our eighth notes at either the tip or the frog of the bow (say "whole tip tip whole frog frog" as you play)
- Bow hold games
- #69 D major scale- we discussed that it has the same rhythm as 68! We worked a lot on moving our bows in the right direction.
- #70 Hot Cross Buns Review. We sang the notes, then plucked it, then bowed it. This is a great way to practice at home (do not write in note names anymore!) We also talked about the sign to LIFT our bows at the end (the apostrophe). Do a tiny circle lift at the frog
- #71 Au Claire de la Lune Review. Practice singing, plucking, then bowing. Watch the lift bow at the end of measure two. We also talked about using little bows for the eighth notes (du-de's) and long smooth bows for the quarter notes (du's).
- #89 Bile Them Cabbage Down. It has the same rhythm and bowing as #68 and 69! We played both parts A and B, get really comfortable with them for next week!
For next week:
- Play #68 in your bow tube
- #69, 70, 71, 89(parts A and B)
- Please send me a video of yourself playing one of the following pieces of your choice:
1. Hot Cross Buns #70
2. Au Clair de la Lune #71
3. Bile 'Em Cabbage Down (Part A only) #89
Practice the piece a lot first then send me the video when you feel great about the piece. Think about bow hold and posture while you play. I can't wait to see your performances!!!
BONUS! Can you play #73 and 88? They are tricky! Say the note names, then pluck, then bow! Try not to write the notes in, think about whether the notes are stepping or skipping!