Classes Monday March 13th - Friday March 17th
Great job in class today, 3rd graders!
Here's what we did today
- Note naming worksheet
- Rosin Raps in the book #66 & 68 in our bow tubes
- Bow hold games
- "Be my echo" bowing patterns
- #69 D major scale- we discussed that it has the same rhythm as 68! We worked a lot on moving our bows in the right direction.
- #70 Hot Cross Buns. We sang the notes, then plucked it, then bowed it. This is a great way to practice at home (do not write in note names anymore!) We also talked about the sign to LIFT our bows at the end (the apostrophe). Do a tiny circle lift at the frog
- #71 Au Claire de la Lune. Practice singing, plucking, then bowing. Watch the lift bow at the end of measure two. We also talked about using little bows for the eighth notes (du-de's) and long smooth bows for the quarter notes (du's).
- Discussed the "March Madness Strings Practice Challenge." Write down the total time that you practice each day. Everyone that hands one in at the end of the month will get a prize! The top 3 practicers will get the grand prize!!!
- Discussed the t-shirt design contest for our Spring String Thing concert (see yellow paper). T-shirt designs are due this Friday March 17th if you would like to participate
For next week:
- Practice your flashcards so you can learn your notes (this counts as practice time for the March Madness challenge!)
- Play the Rosin Raps #66 & 68 in your bow tube
- #70, 71, 78, 89(parts A and B)
Violins (Treble Clef) Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge
Violas (Alto Clef) Fat Alley Cats Eat Garbage
Cellos/Basses (Bass Clef) Grizzly Bears Don't Fly Airplanes