Week 3, Friday 9/23 - Tuesday 9/27
What a fantastic day we had in strings class today! We are really starting to get the hang of holding our instruments and plucking our strings!
- reviewed how to unpack and set up
- reviewed proper instrument hold
- reviewed the Ants Song and the names of our 4 strings
- learned the DAD song and the G Whiz song
- discussed what bar lines are and how to add them to our music
- learned what a clef is and what the clef for our instrument looks like
For next week, please:
- review the Ants Song, DAD Song, and G Whiz Song
- Draw in bar lines for every open strings song (one vertical bar line after every 4 beats). Don't forget the double bar line goes at the very end!
- Learn Strings Play Tag songs located on the back of the Open Strings Song paper!
- Complete the "Reading A & D" paper. Practice drawing your clef and the notes of your open A and open D strings. Then write your very own DAD song on the back! I can't wait to see what you come up with!!
The show must go on! Cello and bass players- do you remember to tighten YOUR endpin before you play?