For Classes Monday 5/1 - Friday 5/5
Well done, 3rd grade! You are sounding SO GREAT! Today we:
- Played the jump rope game, where we played the tricky measures several times to train our fingers where to go. This is a great way to practice at home! We then played the CRANK game (explained below)
- Started French Folk song. We sang, plucked, then bowed a little at a time and realized it was basically one big scale pattern- easy! Keep working on this one
- Started Summer Stomp. We started at rehearsal letter A (in the box) and played through rehearsal B. It was super easy, and this section repeats many times throughout the piece! Label this piece, only if needed, and practice!
- Learned the harmony part for Buffalo Gals. Practice this one at home so it's ready for next week!
Students have all received their Spring Concert Packet which includes every song we will be performing at our May 30th concert and explains how we will perform them.
For next week:
- You should be able to play EVERYTHING in the packet by next week!!! Practice hard!
- Label whatever notes you need to in your Concert Packet at home
- Can you pass Level 1 of CRANK for next week? Level 2??
Directions for the CRANK game!
1. Use a "metronome" when you practice to help you keep a steady beat (Just Google the word metronome on any device and it will pop up!)
2. Make sure you have practiced Can Can slowly beforehand and that your fingers and bow know where to go.
3. Set the metronome to a speed of 48 (the clicks represent the quarter note). If you can play the entire thing at 48 without making ANY errors, you have passed Level 1 and can CRANK up the speed to Level 2 (see tempo below). I will be very pleased if you can pass Level 1 next week! I will be EXTREMELY IMPRESSED if you can go beyond Level 1! Do your best!
Level 1 = 48
Level 2 = 60
Level 3 = 72
Level 4 = 86
Level 5 = 100
Level 6 = 120
Have fun!! :)