Classes Monday March 27 - Friday March 31
Wow I am so impressed by our progress! Here's what we did today:
- Voted on a t-shirt design for the Spring String Thing concert. All entries were fantastic, I can't wait to find out which design was selected!
- Rhythm Rap in the book #68 in our bow tubes "whole tip tip whole frog frog"
- Bow hold games- we learned about the Magic Circle with thumb and middle fingers!
- #69 D major scale- Same rhythm as 68! Focus on bow direction
- #89 Bile 'Em Cabbage Down. It has the same rhythm and bowing as #68 and 69! We labeled the notes that change in part A, then played it. Finally, we performed both parts together with the piano as an ensemble!
- Cabbage Improv Sheet - We chose our own open string notes to create our very own version of Bile 'Em Cabbage! It was so fun to create our own song!
- #88 - Frere Jacques. We learned it really quickly by echoing me one measure at a time! Frere Jacques and Bile 'Em Cabbage will both be concert songs- get really comfy playing them!
For next week:
- Please make sure you are always prepared for class with your book and pencil
- Complete your March Madness sheet if you participated in the challenge and get it signed by a parent. I will collect them next time I see you! Remember, everyone who participates will get a small prize!
#68-71, 88, 89
SUPER BONUS! Can you play #92 Can Can? This one is tricky! Take it one step at a time- pluck it first to make sure you have the correct notes and rhythms!
- If you haven't already done so, please send a VIDEO of yourself playing one of the following pieces of your choice:
1. Au Clair de la Lune #71
2. Frere Jacques #88
3. Bile 'Em Cabbage Down (Part A) #89
Practice the piece a lot first then send me the video when you feel great about the piece. Think about bow hold and posture while you play. I can't wait to see your performances!!!
Here's an incredible version of Bile 'Em Cabbage Down just for fun!
Happy practicing :)