Assignments for classes on Friday March 3rd - Tuesday March 7th
What a wonderful job you did at String Jamboree! You played beautifully and were so focused and respectful. I am extremely proud of you all :)
Here's what we did today
- Bow hold games!
- Rosin Raps in the book #37, 38, 66 in our bow tubes
- #55-56. Figure out your starting note using your line saying. Here's a reminder of what those are:
Violins (Treble Clef) Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge
Violas (Alto Clef) Fat Alley Cats Eat Garbage
Cellos/Basses (Bass Clef) Grizzly Bears Don't Fly Airplanes
Does the next note step up or down? We figured out the notes without labeling them!
- #62-63. We focused on bowing in the middle lane and using long smooth bows to get a clear sound. We also figured out what all of our notes were without labeling!
- Discussed the "March Madness Strings Practice Challenge." Write down the total time that you practice each day. Everyone that hands one in at the end of the month will get a prize! The top 3 practicers will get the grand prize!!!
- Discussed the t-shirt design contest for our Spring String Thing concert (see yellow paper). T-shirt designs are due March 17th
For next week, please:
- Practice your flashcards so you can learn your notes (this counts as practice time for the March Madness challenge!)
- Bow hold games- can you do the spider crawl??
- Play the Rosin Raps in your book using your bow tube. Your bow tube will help you bow in the middle lane and develop an amazing sound!
- #70 and 71 in the book. Figure out your starting note. Does the next note step up? Step down? Skip? You should be able to play these without labeling anything. Practice plucking first, then add the bow!