For Classes Monday 4/24 - Friday 4/28
Nice work 3rd graders, I'm so proud of your progress! Today we:
- Played some bow games and echo patterns, along with the D major scale to warm up
- #88 - Frere Jacques. We played the whole thing and discussed what a "round" means. Then, we played it as a round. This is how we will perform it for the concert!
- Buffalo Gals- we sang the notes, plucked, then bowed a few lines at a time. Then, we played the whole thing!
- Can Can- we played the jump rope game, where we played the tricky measures several times to train our fingers where to go. This is a great way to practice at home! Some classes tried the CRANK game (explained below)
- Some classes started French Folk song. Label notes if you need to and practice this one at home!
Students have all received their Spring Concert Packet which includes every song we will be performing at our May 30th concert and explains how we will perform them.
For next week please:
- Label whatever notes you need to in your Concert Packet at home (we will review notes in class, but will not label them during class time)
- Frere Jacques, Buffalo Gals, Can Can, French Folk Song all in the packet. Play as much of the Concert Packet as possible!
- Can you pass Level 1 of CRANK for next week?
BONUS: Can you play the Harmony of Buffalo Gals and Summer Stomp?! These are new, we will review more next week
Directions for the CRANK game!
1. Use a "metronome" when you practice to help you keep a steady beat (Just Google the word metronome on any device and it will pop up!)
2. Make sure you have practiced Can Can slowly beforehand and that your fingers and bow know where to go.
3. Set the metronome to a speed of 48 (the clicks represent the quarter note). If you can play the entire thing at 48 without making ANY errors, you have passed Level 1 and can CRANK up the speed to Level 2 (see tempo below). I will be very pleased if you can pass Level 1 next week! I will be EXTREMELY IMPRESSED if you can go beyond Level 1! Do your best!
Level 1 = 48
Level 2 = 60
Level 3 = 72
Level 4 = 86
Level 5 = 100
Level 6 = 120
Have fun!! :)