For Classes Monday April 3rd - Friday April 7th
Nice work 3rd graders, what a fun class! Here's what we did today:
- Played an echo game with our bows
- Bow hold games- we learned about the Magic Circle with thumb and second fingers!
- #89 Bile 'Em Cabbage Down. It has the same rhythm and bowing as #68 and 69! We labeled the notes that change in part A, then played it. Finally, we performed both parts together with the piano as an ensemble! Basses added an awesome "slap bass" part on the rests- it was so fun! :)
- #88 - Frere Jacques. We learned it really quickly by echoing me one measure at a time! We circled the new material- half of it is just an echo of what you played before! Frere Jacques and Bile 'Em Cabbage will both be concert songs- get really comfy playing them!
- Buffalo Gals- we figured out the notes together and realized that most of it repeats! Little by little, we sang the notes, plucked them, then tried it with our bow. This is a great way to practice it at home as well!
For next week:
#68, 88, 89 (in the book)
Buffalo Gals (yellow sheet)
SUPER BONUS! Can you play #92 Can Can? This one is tricky! Take it one step at a time- pluck it first to make sure you have the correct notes and rhythms! Then add bow! We will learn it together next time and learn the Crank game that goes with it :)
- Please make sure you are always prepared for class with your book and pencil
Happy practicing :)